Subject: [Leica] M 135 Opinions/Comments/Anecdotes/Cautions
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 07:30:54 2004

<<In a message dated 03/30/2004 4:06:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mark@rabinergroup.com writes:

I knew for sure my Leica was not just for street shooting..

I also used the 90 and 135 extensively shooting the entire Lewis and Clark
trail in May 1999 claiming out or my truck parked precariously by the side
of the road as the sun was going up or down. ...in the wide open country and
all kinds of country the 135 really came in handy over the 90 and was really
needed. I switched back and forth between these two lenses and the switches
were necessary and worth it.

The little framelines are no big negative deal. You can see the image just
fine.
A little rectangle is fine.
More than fine it's vastly preferable for me than staring at a zoomed in
tunnel vision groundglass where you don?t get the Gestalt.

Leica M rangefinder shooting is not just a wide angle thing.
It's a very viable longer lens thing.
With Leica state of the art cutting edge glass its an experience which is
really worth it.>>
I couldn't agree more or have said it better.