Subject: [Leica] Quick Load Kit >> 14 260
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 12:30:35 2004

<<In a message dated 03/30/2004 3:14:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nickelca@hotmail.com writes:
Any ideas where ca I get this? Is there an after market copy?>>

Used to be you could find them in the used department of camera stores,
nowadays more and more stuff seems to be findable only on eBay.  I've never heard
of an aftermarket copy.  Two caveats regarding the QL kit: 1) The spool has a
spring-loaded grabber thingy to hold the film leader and with time it loses its
grab and the film starts to slip out when you load up.  I had QL kits in both
my M2's (before I sold them to collectors when the prisms began to decement)
and they required periodic "tweaking" of the spool grabber to keep them
working right.  2) If you have an M3 you'll need to pull the spool partway off the
shaft before each new roll, so as to reset the frame counter.  When you upright
the camera a silver ferrule drops from the spool to assist pulling it.

regards,
Jay