Subject: [Leica] M 135 Opinions/Comments/Anecdotes/Cautions
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 07:19:29 2004

<<In a message dated 03/29/2004 7:42:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbcollier@shaw.ca writes:
The Tele-Elmar is stunning all the way from stopped down to wide open
and from infinity to close. Not as good as the Hektor when stopped down
on a bellows though. Nice pocketable size and weight and reasonably
priced. Older samples may require a CLA.>>

Interestingly in all my years with Leica I've never seen a 135 T-E that
needed a CLA for the optics due to haze (though I'm sure some of them have been
stored such that they got fungus, I've never seen one fungused either).  The
parallel-cam focus coupling however does often need to be cleaned and relubed to
prevent erratic action.