Subject: [Leica] Re: Telephoto
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:44:26 EST

In a message dated 3/11/04 9:19:57 PM,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< > OK, I wanted a APO Telyt.... but I will listen to anything ( Except the
bug
> eyed Elmarit )
>
> Wanted.... 135 Hektor, Elmar, Tele-Elmar, or ?  All in M mount only
> please...

Hello Frank,

The Hektor is the cheapest but also the quality is not very good. The
Elmar I didn't own so I can't comment on that one.
But the Tele-elmar is an awesome lens for the money. Rumours go that it
is near apo quality. Only thing I know is that it gives very nice images
and is fully usable at full aperture.

Try to find a late model 135 mm, f3.5 Canon lens. This is an excellent, well
constructed screw thread optic that will mount on the M cameras with a 35 mm
adaptor flange. On the M3 the adaptor triggers the 135 mm frame. I have had
very good results with mine.

Larry Z