Subject: [Leica] Re: Progressive eyeglasses
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:11:11 EST

In a message dated 3/5/04 6:41:13 PM, Richard Clompus writes:

<< It sounds like you need a progressive lens (no-line bifocal) that provides
clear vision distance, intermediate and near without lines or image jump.  >>

Richard,

I've tried progressive lenses and even bought a pair. I use them at events
when I want to appear younger than my real age. BUT, I can't get used to
pointing my nose at an object when I want to glance at it briefly. With the
progressive lenses on, my wife has a fit when I swivel my head to look at the bimbo
passing by. With my normal lenses, I can sneak a peek out of the corner of my
conventional glasses without my wife getting wise. The other difficulty is using
the side view mirror of my car. Same visual problem. Maybe Leica should get
into the eyeglass design area and forget all this digital nonsense. But I could
probably not afford a $1800 pair of spectacles.

Larry Z