Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW and conflicted with PhotoShop
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:35:40 -0800

You can never second guess what people are seeing.  All you can do is
to calibrate your display properly (providing it can be calibrated at
all), and let viewers see whatever they will.  Their fidelity will be
dependent on the quality of their display and whether or not it is
calibrated.

I have been very, very pleased with the Eye-One Display device.  It
calibrates both CRT and LCD displays very effectively.  And don't be
afraid of LCD displays.  Today's very best ones can be calibrated quite
accurately.  I can now make prints that, when viewed under a
daylight-balanced task lamp, look extremely close to what I see on my
Apple LCD display.  And I hear the LaCie Photon20 LCD is even better
still.

Message from "Keith R. Wessel" <keith@wbalaw.com> ([Leica] PAW and conflicted with PhotoShop)
Message from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW and conflicted with PhotoShop)
Message from "Keith R. Wessel" <keith@wbalaw.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW and conflicted with PhotoShop)