Subject: [Leica] Re: rustling, bustling downtown Sioux Falls
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:52:15 -0600

Tim:

>#1 and 2 are pretty close to hitting the mark - and I like them. But it's
>almost like you are stuck in a not quite satisfying mid-point between one
>single focus to the photograph and a multiplicity of things going on that
>require some work on the part of the viewer - and, obviously, the
>photographer, which is why, of course, it is by far the harder thing to do.

Thanks...that helps.

(1) http://canid.com/sf_temp/david.html
(2) http://canid.com/sf_temp/2nd_ave.html

In number 1, I was going for a juxtaposition of David, the controversial
"new" statue against the background of Stewart's hair school, which has been
a permanent fixture since it was started in 1950.

Same with number 2.  New style architecture--complete with mirrored
windows--and new highway signs compared against Stewart's.

I'll have to check out the Streetphoto list.  (Thanks also, Sonny, for
mentioning it.)

>I was thinking more Lee Friedlander

I'm off to search for his work now, too.  Thanks for the links.  Those are
awesome!  Thanks!

Eric

Message from Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca> (RE: [Leica] rustling, bustling downtown Sioux Falls)