Subject: [Leica] help critique my lighting
From: "eric" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:34:39 -0500

hello all-

After years of available light shooting I couldn't resist the curiosity - I
bought an alien-bees monolight and softbox.
I shot my first roll of very simple portraits using the softbox as my
main-light and a slaved vivitar 283 to light a white backdrop.

contact sheet: http://www.faneuil.net/softbox_test.jpg

Nice, but I wasn't thrilled with the results - they look a bit flat to me.
Any critique (with lighting technique in mind) would be appreciated.
The pictures are not supposed to be enthralling - my family relented to my
modeling requests as there was nothing to do on a drizzly Sunday.
BTW - my wife shot the pic of me.

technical: all pics taken with R7, 90 elmarit, TCN (rated at 320)

thanks
Eric

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] help critique my lighting)
Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] help critique my lighting)