Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@www.sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:44:00 -0600

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:45:17 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/04021305pansonicluminlc1.asp

> In the case of the Digilux I (as if it has that much to do with the Digilux
> II) the software in the Panasonic did not cut the mustard. There
> lies the rub. A mustard rub. Which could go either way. The Leica
> was Liked. The Panasonic was panned. And might have strangely cost
> more money than the Leica.

Huh? Do you mean bundled software or onboard?  I doubt there is very much
difference in the cameras except colors, logos and number of red dots. There
is a difference in the bundled software, and the warranty.

Aside from that, my Panasonic LC5 cost several hundred dollars less than the
Digilux 1.  Everyone I know who had the LC5 liked it, especially that it is
not so slippery, and has the nice built-in grip.

From what I read, the same is gonna be the case with the Leica and new Lika-
Leica.  I don't need the bundled software from either camera.  A little black
tape will fix up most of the difference in a jiffy.

Shot this morning with my Lika-Leica digicam, and posted ten minutes later:

http://www.sonc.com/spring04.htm

Hope you get flowers today too!

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com