Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital Bessa RF
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:31:06 -0700

> What happens is that that when you mount your 50 mm lens on a camera
> with a 1.5 multiplication factor, the 50 gives you the magnification and
> field of view of a 75mm lens - BUT - it still has the depth of field of
> a 50 mm lens because you are still using the central portion of the 50
> mm lens...or something like that. ;-)

i.e there isn't a change in depth of field?

this is where I get confused with LF lenses - and the principle is the same.

Using the same lens with different formats (8x10 to 4x5 or 35mm to
chip/sensor) doesn't change the depth of field does it? My 250mm lens is a
moderate wide angle on 8x10, but telephoto on 4x5. But the depth of field
hasn't changed if I go from the 8x10 back to the 4x5 back - or has it?

tim

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Digital Bessa RF)
Reply from Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org> (Re: [Leica] Digital Bessa RF)