Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital Bessa RF
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:36:35 -0700

> > Does the depth of field really increase?
> >
> > Normally if you change focal length, an object framed to the same size
> > (using the same f stop) has the same depth of field? (or that's
> how I always
> > understood it...)
>

> But evidently it's connected to the size of the take-up media (sensor,
> film etc).

Though the same lens on a different format also doesn't change the depth of
field  does it? My 250mm Fuji lens has the same depth of field on my 8x10 as
when I put it on a 4x5 - but then I usually get lost in the math somewhere
around here and have to rely on Henning to explain it... :-)

> All I know that it is hard enough focusing with a 35mm in an SLR
> (manually). It gets harder every year. :)

Yep!

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (RE: [Leica] Digital Bessa RF)