Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital Bessa RF
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:47:59 +0100 (MET)

> Though the same lens on a different format also doesn't change the depth of
> field  does it? My 250mm Fuji lens has the same depth of field on my 8x10 as
> when I put it on a 4x5 - but then I usually get lost in the math somewhere
> around here and have to rely on Henning to explain it... :-)

You and me both ... but to continue with your example: It does have the
same depth of field BUT to make an 8x10 you make a contact print from 8X10
and enlarge from 4x5. Those "out of focus" areas on the 8x10 aren't going
to start showing up until they are pretty far gone. The same areas on the
4x5 will show up earlier (to our eyes) since it has been enlarged and they
have been exaggerated.

To the experts: Is that more or less (less in my case, I'm not that
technical when it comes to calculations) the way it works?

But but .. in the final run, we just want nice images. :)

Daniel