Subject: Re: [Leica] Raw Raw Raw
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 03:28:53 -0800

On 2/15/04 1:03 AM, "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com> wrote:

> I have just downloaded the latest version of Vuescan and opened a RAW
> file with it shot on my Fuji S2. The result was poor and the image at 45
> degrees (very odd). Any ideas?
>
> Gerry

I think the Fuji Raws are a whole different ballgame from the Nikon's known
as NEF's. The NEF's seem to be an advantage of the Nikon bodies over the
Fuji's I was checking this this last week as a friend of mine has an S2 but
was clueless.
But other S2 users would have to weigh in. If you've opened a NEF in
Photoshop its a wonder to behold. Like shooting the picture from scratch.
"are you sure you want to shoot Mt. Hood maybe Mt. St.. Helen's be a better
deal The software asks you? Then you hit a button and the other mountain
pops up into the frame.
"Are you sure you want to shoot Sofia Loren maybe you'd rather Brit Ekland?"
You get the glamour actress of the lighter hair color. Not that's what I
call optical flexibility.
"That's ok we'll fix it in software"

Mark Rabiner
Photography