Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: Will von Dauster <vondauster@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:17:56 -0700

No, Ted. You are neither a klutz nor dreaming. 5 MP from a good camera,
and the G5 is a good camera, is certainly good enough for a fine 11 x
14 inch print. And I have experienced the same superiority of digital
over film - regardless of what the digital numbers people can "prove"
in text - countless times with my 10D.

Today I printed a 12 x 16 inch print of a statue of the Buddha I took
last month at the Huntington (www.huntington.org). It is a technically
flawless print in every way. Canon 9000 printer, if it matters.

Film grain anti-aliases an image, and blurs detail in some cases.

Go Leica - and get that digital M done! I too want to use my best glass.

Will von Dauster

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M)