Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 2200 Black & White Tip
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 07:50:28 -0700

I also spent a good amount of time looking for a acceptable B&W workflow
scheme for my 2200.  The stock output was not by any stretch of the
imagination "good enough".  There was always color cast to the prints under
different light sources (yes, with enhanced matte paper, matt black ink).

I got into the yahoo news group dedicated to Digital B&W printing and saw
the depth some folks have taken this.  It was an eye opener for sure.  Check
out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/

My solution, since I already owned the 2200 and didnt want to invest in
another printer is the Septone inkset with CIS.  So far the results have
been just outstanding.  I am getting darkroom quality prints with all sorts
of control on warmth/coolness of the image.  Info available at:
http://www.bwguys.com/septone.aspx

best of luck
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ