Subject: Re: [Leica] Inspired but arrested
From: Howard Ritter <hlritter@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:23:58 -0500

I agree with Daniel. Constitutional and Federal scholars acknowledge that
one of the fundamental legitimate functions, perhaps in the end THE
legitimate function, of the Federal Government is to accomplish for the
common good what the "several (i.e., separately acting) States" cannot
accomplish individually. Air pollution and other environmental issues are no
longer narrowly conceived of as a local problem. In that respect,
environmental protection in the same category as national defense, customs,
immigration, foreign relations, international trade,....

OK for this topic? Back to the viewfinder!

- --howard