Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Equipment question
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:31:21 -0500

Hello Tina:

> Tina Manley said:
> > > You guys are outstanding equipment gurus.  I never even realized the
> filter slot was there and when I read your e-mails, I thought "No way!"
But
> there
> > it was, hidden by a sliding slot and containing (horrors!!) a Leica UV
> > filter.  I can't imagine why I would ever use that!<<<

I have a vague recollection of reading or hearing years ago that that thin,
flat sliver of glass is part of the optical design of the lens. I think that
SOME Leitz glass, UV, yellow, orange, red, or whatever the photographer
needs for the image, is supposed to occupy that slot all the time.

IMHR

(in my humble recollection)

Happy holidays all.

Seth           LaK 9