Subject: Re: [Leica] The fine line between art and pornography
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:59:28 -0800

Karen Nakamura said:

> Did you actually check out the photos?  There's no nudity involved so
> I'm having difficulty seeing where you see porn. From a pure visual
> perspective, they're a rip on the milk moustache advertisements.<<<

Karen,
Sorry it doesn't matter whether they're naked or not, with words or not,
it's not fit for mixed company! And it sure isn't a "rip" on the milk
commercial. That was a beautiful bit of photography, this isn't anything but
sensationalism for the sake of sensationalism of the lowest denominator.

It's just plain garbage with absolutely no need to be here at all. It has
nothing to do with art other then in the minds of weak minded sexually
depraved people.

What I really feel bad about is, this is a mixed audience of ladies, and I'd
hope some of us are still gentlemen who look upon this kind of crap not for
mixed company. It's called respect of a lady!

I realize in this day and age too many people / men forget women are
supposed to be treated with respect. Even if in some cases the women aren't
bright enough to realize we are trying to be polite and respectful!

ted

Replies: Reply from RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk> (Re: [Leica] The fine line between art and pornography)
Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] The fine line between art and pornography)
Message from "www.geocities.com/curtisbliss" <surrealistic@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] The fine line between art and pornography)