Subject: RE: [Leica] The fine line between art and pornography
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:01:04 -0500

First off, without seeing the photographs, how do you know WHAT is a
valid area in which to work? ;-)

And second - Saying that TV is sending out society down the toilet is,
at best, wrong headed. There is NOTHING on TV that society doesn't want
- - with the exception of any real news broadcasts and public affairs
programming. Television is advertising driven, viewer driven. No viewer
demand, no programs. If the audience wasn't there for moronic sitcoms
and blatant sexuality, you wouldn't see either on TV. I'd argue, in
fact, that society has dragged TV into the toilet - drowning programs
such as You Are There, Omnibus, network documentaries, and the
spectacular live drama that marked the early days of TV. Hell, where are
the I Love Lucy's? ;-)

B. D.