Subject: Re: [Leica] It's snowing! It's snowing!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 16:00:27 -0800

John Collier and a few other lads on bike riding in cold weather offered:
> That is the part other people have a tough time believing. It is
> overheating that will kill you. You get wet from sweat and then freeze
> solid. I am not sure how cold it gets in Toronto but out here it gets
> much colder. At about -25C the clothing starts freezing up and it gets
> to be hard work just to pedal lightly. <<<<

OK guys what am I missing here on biking at 30 below zero or even zero! Heck
I figure if we were supposed to ride bikes below freezing bikes would've had
"gas heaters" attached! ;-)

I mean ,I liked riding  my bike when I was a kid, but when I grew-up, well
matured a little, I put away kids wheels and went gas powered vehicles with
very nice built in warming heaters for those freezing yer butt off winter
months.

So what am I missing with this bike riding when snow turns to ice?

ted

MEC makes a great pair of