Subject: Re: [Leica] DEADLINE IRAQ - Uncensored Stories of the War - CBC
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:50:30 EST

In a message dated 11/25/03 7:20:06 AM, tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

<< Tim Atherton wrote:

> Those of you north of the border (or south who are close enough to it

> to get CBC) - this is a very compelling documentary about news gathering

in

> the Iraq War.

> "These are the stories that weren't't told by the media during the Iraq

war.

> CBC NEWS goes straight to the source, to journalists, camera

> operators and photographers from news organizations around the world, who

reveal the

> lethal risks they faced, as well as the untold horrors they witnessed."

> There was a one hour version on last night. The full two hour version

> is supposed on next Sunday on CBC at 10pm I think.> >>

For those of you interested in behind the scenes on site reports and

reflections by those covering this "war" that's been laundered from the news

it's a first class programme.

Instead of yapping on about borders you might take Tim's post as a serious

heads up and have a look at the  2 hour presentation Sunday evening. I saw

the hour version, rarely for me to waste my time watching war stuff at

anytime let alone for an hour. But in this case I was hooked by the

compelling behind the scenes look through those who were on the ground real

time. Unedited!

Lots of in your face "live-dead" material and direct comments by still's &

TV photojournalists also reporters. An excellent documentary of material we

didn't see and maybe a bit of an eye opener for those of you who've never

been on the ground on a reporting - photo assignment. It also shows cameras

and reporting aren't a shield anytime! :-(

ted >>

okay I live way south of the canadian border (unfortunately) and despite
wishing canada will attack the US because of our weapons of mass destruction and
take over northern california so we become part of canada, it hasn't happened
yet, so, how do I get to see this program?

Kim