Subject: Re: [Leica] Need digital SLR with Leica lenses now
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:56:17 +0000

PMFJI but I have done the same. The Canon 500 f4 has nicer boke than
the Leica 280 f2.8 important IMO when using a lens wide open because
such a huge proportion of the frame stands a good chance of being OOF.
The Canon 180 macro is comparable to the Leica 100 f2,8 macro but
obviously the magnification is greater - almost too much so on the EOS
10D. I use both the Canon & Leica stuff because I don't have
duplicates. I was surprised how good the Canon 500 is. The Leica stuff
is noticeably better made than all my Canon lenses except the 500 they
are heavy though.
cheers
Frank