Subject: RE:[Leica] Need digital SLR with Leica lenses now
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:34:13 +0100

>I have recently begun using a Canon G5 (5 MP) point and shoot.  I am
>using it for images at work.  I really prefer the lenses of my R cameras.
>This may have been discussed before but is there a digitial SLR that takes
>R lenses with an adapter?  I don't mind manual focus.  I actually prefer
>it.I'm just getting tired of waiting for Leica to develop their "R" digital
>back that will probably cost more than a new Canon 10D with a few lenses.
>It really bothers me that Leica has the best lenses in the analog world ile

>I am slowly but surely changing to a digital world to save time and
>improve my results.  The instant feedback has made me a better
>photographer by permitting me to experiment more to produce better
>images.  When its all said and done, its the images that count.  If I keep
>going down this road, I'll be using digital for work and an M camera and
>Tri-X for fun.  Not sure how long that will last either.  Photoshop
>continues to get better at manipulation.  I wouldn't be surprised in the
>future if there were a Tri-X filter effect for digital images to make them
>look analog.

A very big surprise if you lurk on digital lists is that many, many Leica
user are discovering, when going on in the DSLR field, that another brand
lenses, Canon, Nikon, and even Sigma! are quite good and if not at the
Leica, mainly M, level, are not only full usable but with an excellent
quality and in some cases outstanding output. I'm not at all surprised as
even using Leica M and R lenses never left behind my other brand equipment
so never was a true fanatic about it. I still use my Leica equipment but the
more Solms delay in launching something digital using their lenses the more
their customer number will decrease.

Felix