Subject: Re: [Leica] Closest thing to a Digital M announced today!
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:16:16 -0700

The encouraging thing about it is the notion of a high quality digital
camera that is compact in size.  I think there is a place in the market for
such a product.  At present, there is no way to have the imaging quality of
a DSLR with the form factor of an M camera.  You either suffer with slow
zooms on P&S digicams, or groan under a 15lb load with a DSLR + pro grade
lenses.  That said, this "digital M" needs a larger sensor and high pixel
count.

- --Jim