Subject: Re: [Leica] Oriental Asians
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:11:32 -0400

At 04:43 PM 9/22/03 -0700, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>Frank
>
>I would guess that any lawyer worthy if his "ipso facto" would know
>his "lengua Latina" (sp?)
>
>Remember that Marc is a "laudator temporis acti."

Gosh, Jerry.  Didn't engineers have to have a good command of Latin, back
when you first qualifed?  Was that in 1335 or 1235?  Wasn't your first
major project the Ely Cathederal?  And aren't you on familiar terms with
Quasimodo?  It really is cool to have a fellow on this List whose first
professional employment was repairing Roman aqueducts and highways.  <he
grins>

And why is it that biologists have a grand command of Latin and Greek while
engineers forget everything which went on two years back?  You are the
exception, of course, as is proven by your ephemeral claim to a Studio Rollei.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> ([Leica] Oriental Asians)