Subject: Re: [Leica] Oriental Asians
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:38:05 -0400

Hi, Marc,

...And, on a slightely more serious note, I mentioned Safire not to impress
everyone with my reference, but exactly so that one could consider the source of
my knowledge or belief, FWIW.

Safire is, no doubt about it, full of himself, and I'll bet he loves to read his
own columns.  Despite that, when one makes sense, one makes sense.  And, I
thought that he made sense on that day.  And, let's face it, he's never been one
for political correctness for it's own sake!

cheers,
frank

Marc James Small wrote:

> AI take Safire with a strong dose of salt:  he is often correct but often
> allows his enthusiasms to run ahead of his knowledge. <snip>

- --
"Hell is others"
- -Jean Paul Sartre

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Oriental Asians)