Subject: [Leica] Shooting in the middle of nowhere...
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:20:11 -0400

Bring 50-100 rolls of film. If you really think that may get finished during your
stay away,
then arrange to have a friend Fed Ex another 50-100 rolls to you at some location en
route, while you Fed Ex your exposed film back to your favourite lab for processing.

Hardly anywhere is the middle of nowhere anymore, unless you are blasting off in some
kind of rocket.

In my opinion, you DO NOT want to be carrying around loads of exposed film -- it is
useless to you as baggage and too precious to risk damage, loss or theft (yep, I've
had exposed film
stolen).

This is how most pros operate, including the folks at National Geographic. Few
rational beings tramp around with 200-300 unexposed rolls in their luggage -- it's
useless to
you until you actual need it.

Personally, I feel that unless you are on an assignment that is making you
serious money, you are unlikely to really need more than 100 rolls during the time
mentioned, but then I have
no idea where you are going. Where ARE you going?

In any case, being a little less trigger happy and a bit more thoughtful may result
in the same number of keepers, less expense and far less hassle.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal