Subject: Re: [Leica] Quebecois?
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 20:20:09 -0400

Jim McIntyre wrote

"Montreal smoked meat on a Montreal Bagel, a slice of Oka cheese, washed down
with a Brador beer. Follow up with a slice of sugar pie, and you're ready to
burn a roll or two on your Leica (to stay on topic...)"

Jim, you must be an American. Smoked meat is NEVER eaten on bagel here, only on rye.
And Oka cheese after smoked meat is strictly treif (i.e. unkosher). Ditto for the
sugar pie (there's always lard in the crust). But if it's the thought that counts, I
suppose we are flattered, while horrified!

Reminds me of the time I worked in one of those new-fangled croisssanteries, when a
Yank came in and ordered a sandwich of Brie and Dijon mustard on a whole wheat
croissant (egads). Seems she wanted all the French stuff at once. We refused. Sort of
like putting a Metz 402 on a Leica IIIf with Stenheil lens and B&W filter, simply
'cause they're all German.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Quebecois?)