Subject: [Leica] Re: travel and film (WAS: No digital comments?)
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:38:57 +0200

I fly somewhere almost every week (within Europe). I always carry some kind
of film and camera with me, usually the CL or Rollei 35 if it is a business
trip. The film ranges up to Neopan 1600. I never request the hand
inspection, as I am always in a rush, and in most airports it would be
refused anyway. I have NEVER seen any effects of the scanning on any of my
films, even after multiple passes. Unless someone shows me negatives that
have demonstrably been damaged, I will continue to regard all stories of
film damage in carry-on baggage as urban legend.

As Tina wrote, Honduras may be another matter, but if you are in Europe,
North America or the rich parts of Asia, then travelling with film is
perfectly safe--so long as you do not put the film in checked baggage.

Nathan