Subject: RE: [Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner
From: "Justin Low" <space@byvoid.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:04:23 +0800

Ted,

I have and use this scanner. I scan only B&W negatives (or should I say
that I shoot on B&W). I use it for producing images for screen, and for
a quick "preview" so I know where to D/B in the darkroom. The scans are
never as good as the prints, in terms of contrast and tonal range. Of
course, it depends on what sort of film and developer you use.

So, I'd say it's good enough for screen/web use, but for prints, the
traditional process still beats this hands down.

Justin

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner)
Reply from "Robert McClure" <rmcclure2@woh.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner--Warning)