Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:30:49 -0700

If your Minolta scanner is only "good enough for screen/web use" then it is
not a very good scanner (and/or your printer is not up to the job). This
assessment of the Minolta scanner is not good news for the Minolta
marketeers!

My nikon ED IV scanner and Epson 2200 produces very fine prints indeed, and
I have seen other (more accomplished) users of scanners/printers who's
output equals (at least) the finest traditional darkroom work. Traditional
darkroom process is losing ground quickly to the digital darkroom.  (a
caveat.... I personally believe that film has a special place in
photography.. I dont want to rehash the recent spate of film vs. digital
capture. I am speaking strictly of the quality of scanned and printed images
vs. wet darkroom methods).

Asbestos underwear in place.. I sign off
cheers
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ
http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net