Subject: [Leica] Opinions regarding M2?
From: "Justin Low" <space@byvoid.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 03:55:15 +0800

Hi,

If you recall, I posted something back asking about whether the old LTM
cameras were worth getting as users. I've been doing some research on
the M-series, and have been watching the prices on eBay.

What are your views regarding the M2, say compared with an M4 or an M6
(Classic or TTL)? M2s look like they run from about $600 to $800, while
M4s are about $100 more, and M6 (Classic)s are around the $1000 mark.

I'm coming from a Nikon FE, and I only own a 28/2.8 and a 50/1.8. I find
the the 50 is long enough for what I do, and that the 28 is pretty wide
for me. I think I would do fine using a 35. I think I'd be okay using a
handheld meter, for I shoot B&W film, and the latitude is pretty great.

So, would paying, say on average $300 more, for an M6 (Classic) be
justified?

Justin Low

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Opinions regarding M2?)