Subject: [Leica] Re: opinions on M7 vs. MP
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:06:12 -0500

>>My hesitation in switching from M6 and M6 TTL is the issue of
>>needing to meter-lock with every potential exposure.  I don't use
>>the A mode on my R8's for this reason.  With the M6s (and R8s), I
>>meter once for the scene I'm shooting and then don't need to do it
>>again unless the light or the shooting angle changes.

I don't meter lock with my M7 with every exposure. The only thing
that seems to trip it up is backlit situations. Then I switch off AE
and go to manual mode and compensate that way.  Except for backlit
situations, the M7 meters perfectly.

I could dial in exposure compensation on the back, but I find it's
just faster to use the shutter dial.

Karen

- --
Karen Nakamura