Subject: [Leica] Re: opinions on M7 vs. MP
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 20:53:04 -0700

Rick Dykstra. wrote:

>My hesitation in switching from M6 and M6 TTL is the issue of needing to
>meter-lock with every potential exposure.  I don't use the A mode on my
>R8's for this reason.  With the M6s (and R8s), I meter once for the scene
>I'm shooting and then don't need to do it again unless the light or the
>shooting angle changes.

Can't speak for the M7 users, Rick, but on my R8, using "A" mode and matrix
metering, there is rarely a need to use exposure lock. But light changes so
fast, and so subtly, that my consistency of exposure is much better in 'A'
than 'm'. You just have to look at a roll of negatives, to see it!

Try it. You'll like it!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr

Replies: Reply from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> ([Leica] Re: opinions on M7 vs. MP)