Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW 31 dlridings
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 10:31:17 -0700

Daniel Ridings wrote:

>It isn't that I'm not using my Leicas. I do, but I'm either not getting
>any keepers ...

>Maybe something has happened with my el-cheapo scanner for 35mm.
>
>Daniel Ridings
>Lindome, Sweden

Daniel.  I quite like your Rollie shots on your site! The shots of the USA
show a remarkable eye.

As for your el-cheapo scanner... look into an inexpensive shareware program
called VueScan.  I'd tried it years ago, and didn't like it.  But the "new
improved" software that HP has provided for my scanner is so poor that I
was forced to try it again.  In the intervening years it has improved
greatly. It still is a bit awkward to get used to, and slow to get it set
up 'just right'.

But when you do, your scans will look much better. www.hamrick.com. (And,
no, I'm not one of the Hamrick's relatives!)

Good Luck!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr