Subject: Re: [Leica] Staying w/ film for a while - handled a D100 (and a 10D,and...)
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:47:33 -0500

>One overwhelming characteristic of the D100 is its filmsyness. We
>can literally shake it and hear something sort of rattle. Not just
>the lens either, but the body too.

With Canon cameras, at least, what you're hearing rattling is a
little ball bearing switch that the camera uses to tell vertical
versus horizontal orientation. For film cameras, this effects the eye
focus, for the latest digital cameras, it also reorients the JPEG
files.

I'm not sure about Nikons though.

Karen

- --