Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron-M 35mm Question
From: David Prakel <david@photopartners.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 09:55:42 +0100

On 2/8/03 11:13 pm, "Buzz Hausner" <owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
wrote:

> It is perfectly normal, unless it is opening more than say half a stop.
> Nota bene, the spherical 35 Summicron has two more diaphragm blades than
> the aspherical.  Perhaps one of our more optically sophisticated
> correspondents could explain if this is responsible in any way for the
> different characteristics of these lenses.

Buzz

It will certainly give the conventional Summicron a more pleasant 'bokeh'
than the aspheric if its extra blades make a smoother circle at all stopped
down apertures. Out of focus highlights reflect the shape of the aperture in
use.

- --
Regards
David Prakel

Centre of Britain PhotoWorkshops Partnership
www.photopartners.co.uk