Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: arggghhh... rant at Keeble & Shucat...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:25:31 -0700

I got my f2 Apo-Summicron-M ASPH from Keeble and Shuchat after an
interesting hunt a few years ago.
Since Jim Brick is not around I'll say that I refer to this guys as:

Kibbles and Bits.

I'm sure I'm not the only one!

A great camera store with that "camera store" feeling except they have
everything.
And informed advice.
And they know Jim Brick.

And the first thing they say to you when you get them on the phone is
NOT "credit card number please."
"Number what?! I'm wondering if you have a Bayonet 60 to thread 39 reducer"
"Expiration date please"

Although I have to say twice in a row they they've given me no receipt
in the box (or in the label thingie). This was a real pain the second
time as there was a rebate involved. Come to think of it the first time
it was problematical as well.

Perhaps the sales people should do the selling and they should get
packing people to do the packing. And a special foam peanuts person. And
a special clear packing tape person. And a special remember to put the
damn receipt in the package person.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com