Subject: [Leica] Re: arggghhh... rant at Keeble & Shucat...
From: "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:24:31 +1000

Mark Rabiner writes:

> Alastair Firkin wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, Jul 31, 2003, at 15:44 Australia/Melbourne, Eric Welch
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Yeah, but Ted, How many years have you been at it?
>> >
>> > There are three kinds of photographers. The ones with talent who pick
>> > it up through osmosis, like you, and those who have to make a study of
>> > it, and understand the principles by which photographic instruments do
>> > their work so they can master it through study and practice. I'm
>> > somewhere in the middle there. And the third kind of photographer make
>> > things up like: "There are three kinds of photographers."
>>
>> Damn, finished third in a three horse race again ;-)
>>
>> Alastair
>>

> Hi Alastair! Time for lunch?
> I heard that in any profession there are two kinds of people.

Lunch sounds like a good alternative. :-) There are many ways to learn, but
mostly, they boil down to a visualization/conceptualization versus a
mathematical/analytical. (now don't be too hard on my spelling!!!)For me the
mathematical is always harder work, so I try to work from first principles
and graphical visualization of any problem, then when I fail, I revert to
closer analysis, but as you discovered, theory cannot replace practice:
especially when landing planes ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

http://www.afirkin.com