Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: arggghhh... rant at Keeble & Shucat...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:11:15 -0700

Bob Adler wrote:

> Geez Mark, I think you need to take a little personal
> responsibility here :-)
> And what makes you think Jim's not around??
> Bob
> --- Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:
> > I got my f2 Apo-Summicron-M ASPH from Keeble and
> > Shuchat after an
> > interesting hunt a few years ago.
> > Since Jim Brick is not around I'll say that I refer
> > to this guys as:
> >
> > Kibbles and Bits.
> >
> > I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Jim has heard the Kibbles and Bits bit many times before I told him.
I kind of pretended to be sneaking around behind Jims back the reality
being there is not much I'm going to say which is going to throw Jim for
a loupe. We agree on at least half the issues and always have. That
makes it half we dont agree on. And he's going to read these posts
sooner or later.

I think personal responsibility means saying what you want to say
without putting a (:-)) at the end of it which implies you're really
kidding. The reality being maybe of course you're not. A person can act
like they're kidding when they say or write anything and be blameless
forever.
I'm just at a loss to see how that last post of mine does not show
clearly where i am kidding and not kidding and when it is unclear it
doesn't matter.

Did anyone think I really thought K&B would have a delegated peanut
person sprayer person?. I'm sure that job can also be done by the taper
and folder. I bet even B&H does not have such discrete division of labor!!
Here  i am like an idiot wondering if I lack personal responsibly.
I kind of think the personal responsibility thing is a given.
I'm sure I don't pretend to be kidding when I am really saying something.

Most of that past post was rambling hummer with the kernel being I don't
get no receipts. And I try! ANd I try!
How many people it takes to send a package or screw in a light bulb I
don't know and if i did I'm sure Keeble and Shuchat wouldn't need to
hear about it from me.
Getting a receipt is in ways not a big deal but in others it is.

I notice just like yourself, Bob, but it is pretty rare, I have my full
real name, City, State and Country as well as website where you could
find anything you wanted to know about be at the end of every post.
That would seem to fit into this "personal responsibility" deal. (Smiley
face deleted)

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com