Subject: [Leica] Greetings!
From: Kevin H <kevin@2image.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:27:59 -0400

Luggers . . .
I’ve been lurking for awhile – I subscribed briefly a few years ago, and
after recent purchases I started reading the archives before rejoining.
What I’ve noticed is that some things haven’t changed at all (watches,
tilly hats, Lagavulin, etc) but the big improvement here is the quantity
of posted photos and personal websites. Kyle's PAW is a great addition,
and if you read the list you have to click the links! Some really great
photos. A talented, if not a bit eccentric crew. (Okay, more than just a
bit, but I'm trying to be cordial). The FOM2 site is also worth looking
through. ( I highly recommend the FOM exhibit in Luxumbourg)

Martin Howard’s Leicalust post is dead on. (
http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v25/msg03975.html ) I
innocently started my Leica kit because I wanted a superwide, and the
heliar+body was inexpensive and small compared to the Zeiss 15mm for
Contax (almost 2lbs and lists for $6k). Needless to say my Leica kit
didn’t stop there (M6, M7.85 and Hexar). Now I’m trying to justify
adding a 35 1.4 asph or noctilux. And maybe an older 'glowing' 35mm too.
I did just add a 24mm asph, I love the lens (not impressed by the
finder) and for now it will find more usage than the heliar which is
second only to my f2 summicron. Those gnomes at Solms do cast a spell .
. . .

Hope I can contribute a bit now and then.

Kevin.