Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL coming my way
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:01:27 -0400

Hi,

As the ower of a CL with 40mm Summicron C (the only Leica body and lens I own), I can tell you that there is
parallax compensation.  The frame lines are for 50mm, 40mm, and the outside of the viewfinder is aproximately
35mm (or so I've been told).

Like I said, the 40mm Summicron C is the only Leica lens I have, or have ever used, so I can't compare to
other Leica glass, but it is by a long shot the sharpest lens I have (my other lenses being old screwmount
Takumars, and newer k-mount Pentax, along with some 3rd party k-mount).  I've also got an old Yashica Mat 6x6
tlr, and my 40mm beats the pants off that, too!

So, here's a question for other folks who either have a CL, or know the answer.  I've read or heard somewhere
that the 90mm frame lines only appear when that lens is put on the body.  Is that true?  I've never had a
90mm on it, so I don't know.  If the answer is "yes", do they only appear when the Elmar C is put on, or any
90mm M mount?

thanks,
frank