Subject: [Leica] R8 vs R9
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:45:44 -0700

For all 6 Leica SLR users out there, this might be of interest.  I made the
long trip to Seattle yesterday and visited Glazers.  They had an R9 sitting
there so I just had to handle it.  I was curious if there was a big
difference between my R8 and the R9.  Just enough to make me want one.  The
weight difference is striking.  The ability to read your frame # on the top
of the camera even when it is off solves the only real irksome thing for me
about the R8.  Now, if I could scrape together $2100.....

I was told they are selling quite well, as well as the R8, especially since
Leica announced the future digital back.  For me that is good news.

Aram