Subject: RE: [Leica] R8 vs R9
From: "Randy Jensen" <randy@jamzcheer.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:12:37 -0700

Having R8's only, the only feature that really attracts me to the R9 is the
fact that in Program mode it will use slow shutter speeds with TTL flash in
dark areas (the R8, if it can't get proper exposure wide open at 1/250 it
will set f5/6 at 1/250).  I have NO idea why they did this.

Of course, if I had the capability of the R9 this way, I'm sure I'd still
shoot in Manual indoors with TTL flash, but it would be nice for my wife to
get better auto exposures when she uses it!

The other 'improvements' don't make any difference to me.

Randy
www.randyjensenphoto.com