Subject: Re: [Leica] Further digital exploration
From: Will von Dauster <vondauster@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:30:25 -0600

Hi All,

This is an interesting reaction:

On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 06:04 AM, Allen Graves wrote:

> I also tried  the canon 10D this weekend. It's remarkably blocky and
> seemed to have all the ergonomic design of a brick- though it is much
> lighter. The shop owner said people read the reviews, come in to buy
> it, look very disappointed when they first handle it- but then buy it
> anyway.It does take fine pictures, but it just feels clumsy on first
> handling.

Just goes to show different folks have different tastes. I have both an
R8 (at work) and a 10D (personal). I find the 10D handles far better in
every way than the R8. The grip for the 10D, especially, fits my hands
very well indeed.

And yes, Canon's L glass is heavy, but Leica R glass is hardly
featherweight!

Anyway, I am quite happy with the 10D in every respect for my digital
work.

Will von Dauster

(still looking for a good digital black and white printing solution)