Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Digital: Our divided loyalties
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:17:20 -0700

B.D.,
I'm at the point where I can operate my EOS1n or 10D fast enough that I am
ready when the stars line up for a great photo.  But I do find even Canon's
very impressive autofocus unpredictable.  I have a far higher percentage of
out of focus images with my Canon SLRs than the M cameras.  In low light
(1/30 @ f1.0 @ ISO 100) conditions, I can focus an M faster than a 10D in
most cases.  The EOS1n is much better in this regard, and I'm sure the 1Ds
is even better.

- --Jim Laurel