Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Digital: Our divided loyalties
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:22:54 -0700

B.D.,
No doubt there is a learning curve.  While I am now familiar with all the
various functions, settings, buttons and switches, there is still alot to
learn in terms of how to create the look I like.  In particular, I have a
lot of work to do getting familiar with the in-camera processing parameters,
though I suppose if you shoot everything in RAW, then you can worry about
this after the fact.

The thing I like best about the 10D, as a digital camera, is the way the
shutter releases so quickly.  To me, it seems as fast as my old EOS1n.  It's
not M quick, but certainly quick enough for most situations.  And there's no
film wind noise.  Just the shutter firing and cocking.  Another big plus is
being able to adjust the ISO on a per image basis.  Image noise is very low,
even at ISO 400.

- --Jim