Subject: [Leica] Apology
From: Ian Watts <watts@firebomb.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:32:50 +0100

Christian Hueber Esq. wrote:

> Goodness, and I always thought people called us Brits because short words
> were easier.
>
> Now I see it was meant as a grave insult.
>
> I will have to work up some righteous indignation immediately!

Actually I'm never particularly happy when referred to as a Brit. I don't
mind being called British, English, an Englishman - or even a Limey.
However, Brit (however well intentioned) does have the whiff of an insult
about it (e.g. 'Brit' is very much the term of choice for Irish
Republicans).

Ian Watts