Subject: RE: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons AND opinions on 135
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:35:47 -0400

SL - ;-)

As to opinions on 135...Since you are asking for OPINIONS:

135 mm lenses do not belong on rangefinder cameras. While the latest 135
APO lens may be a spectacular piece of glass, the glass quality does not
begin to make up for the fact that by using an M body to shoot with a
telephoto you are looking at such a reduced image size that the shooting
becomes an exercise in a cross between pot luck and futility. The very
existence of 135s for Ms is a holdover from the days when there were no
SLRs, so if one wanted a long lens on a 35 mm camera, one had to mount
that lens on a rangefinder body. But there are so many better platforms
today for longer lenses that one has to ask - why bother?

Just my opinion. :-)

B. D.