Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Epson 3000 or 2200 - Now Inkjetmall.com and bwguys.com ( long)
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@kestrel.alerce.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 16:55:49 -0700

Will writes:
 > Phong writes:
 >
 > | I am trying to make sense of the situation with Piezography
 > | [...]
 >
 > Welcome to the club.  I was an early adopter of the Cone
 > Piezographic inksets and software plug-in interface...
 > [...]
 >
 > At the present time I have a CIS system not installed....a
 > supply of the original bulk inks not installed...and I am
 > afraid to do anything...

I have an 1160 that I'm using with the MIS Full Scale Neutral (FSN)
inkset.  I ran several carts of the original PiezographyBW ink through
but spent most of the time trying to fix clogs and eventually had it
professionally cleaned.  The MIS FSN inks seem to be clog free.  I've
also seen their warm and sepia inksets, and they're interesting.

The FSN inks were designed/chosen to be the same densities as the
original Piezography inks, and they seem to work well w/ the
Piezography plug-in.

I don't have any hands on experience with the Piezotones, but I've
seen some nice prints done with them.  They had some early trauma w/
the black ink, but seem to have worked things out with a second
edition (you get to choose whether you want ultimate blacks or minimal
fading [or one that's in between]).

g.

Message from "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Epson 3000 or 2200 - Now Inkjetmall.com and bwguys.com ( long))